VMware Cloud Community
phretbuzz
Contributor
Contributor

Download Client 4.0 Update 2

Trying to update the 4.0 client update 2 to address an issue VMWare has with a windows update. However for some reason my account, which I know I've downloaded things before with, is denying me to download this update. Why? What do I need to do to get elevated rights to do this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you try with the account to which vSphere 4.0 license are registered?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
phretbuzz
Contributor
Contributor

No I'm a consultant where everyone from their IT networking group is gone. My account is not associated with any of their serial numbers.

And I think this is a stupid way to do business. I've seen Cisco do the same thing in the past, and not consistently. I'm an IT professional with certifications in VMware why I need to be associated with serial numbers to download and update to fix a client issue is assanine! It's stupid! Does Microsoft, who everyone loves to bash, require me to be associated with their software to download service packs?

If possible I'd like a way to download this simple fix to their product without having to jump through hoops hunting down serial numbers and faxing approvals from who... the accountant. Nobody here would be associated with their hardware/software. This stupid way of doing business in IT has frustrated for many years! And not every IT company does business this way.

0 Kudos