VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Difference between Conceptual Design, Logical Design and Physical Design?

I got vsphere 4 design slides and vsphere 5 design slides now can you please tell me the difference between these designs because as per the vsphere 4 design slides whatever the design that is logical design that is physical design as per the vsphere5. Anyone who can tell me which one is correct means vsphere 4 or vsphere 5? vSphere 4 design slides for conceptual, logical and physical design is attached here.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes the slides explain the difference between Conceptual / Logical and Physical correctly.

Duncan

-----------

Book out soon: Essential Virtual SAN: Administrator's Guide to VMware VSAN (VMware Press Technology)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
grasshopper
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I don't fully understand your question, but will try to provide resources to assist in your learning.  These terms you mentioned are not mutually exclusive and they are relevant across all versions of the product (and are required for each vSphere layer).  With that said, the slides you provided are in fact still relevant.  However, I would recommend digging deeper into these concepts if you are required to create a design.

VCAP DCD Book (VMware Press)
Designing VMware Infrastructure (via Pluralsight, by Scott Lowe)
VCAP5-DCD Blueprint

vCloud Architecture Toolkit

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In this attached document all three design examples are correct or not this is what  i would like to know.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
jrmunday
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

The diagrams look good to me, the only thing that stands out is that the physical design only shows one side whereas the others show both sides (prod and remote).

vExpert 2014 - 2022 | VCP6-DCV | http://www.jonmunday.net | @JonMunday77
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

yes that is just an example but my main concern whatever these examples are saying is it right?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The only way to know if these designs are correct is to know what the requirements of the design are -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes the slides explain the difference between Conceptual / Logical and Physical correctly.

Duncan

-----------

Book out soon: Essential Virtual SAN: Administrator's Guide to VMware VSAN (VMware Press Technology)

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

thanks duncan.....but i got the reply from someone he said logical design in this attached document has mistakes like we have storage type info and hba card number info due to that logical design is more like physical design.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos