VMware Cloud Community
durgabaps
Contributor
Contributor

Configuring Cluster Services with Win 2008 Servers on a single ESX 4.1 node

Hi,

I'm trying to configure Microsoft Failover Clustering service between two nodes with the below setup:-

1) Vm1: Win 2008 Enterprise, with a shared disk of 4 GB on virtual SCSI controller (1:0);another shared disk of 40 GB on virtual SCSI controller (2:0); two network adapters,one Public and another Private.

2) VM2: Win 2008 Enterprise, with a shared disk (same as above) of 4 GB on virtual SCSI controller (1:0);another shared disk (same as above) of 40 GB on virtual SCSI controller (2:0); two network adapters,one Public and another Private.

The issue is when I ran the validation for Failover clustering it fails with the error "List all disks" fails.

Please help If anybody has configured the above scenarion and is sucessfull.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Did you utilize this whitepaper when setting everything up, http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r41/vsp_41_mscs.pdf

0 Kudos
durgabaps
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I did followed the document...

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please take a look at the ValidateStorage log located in %systemroot%\Cluster\Reports directory. Does it show an error status?

André

0 Kudos
durgabaps
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The issue was with Win 2008 server. Please be careful while creating a cluster with Win 2008 server with Win 2008 domain controller.

Thanks

0 Kudos