VMware Cloud Community
Monrobot
Contributor
Contributor

Client Console Problem (Blank Console Tab) Windows 7 x64

I'm running version 5.1.0 Build 1064113 of the vShpere Client and I have a strange problem.  90% of the time when I select a VM and click the console tab it just remains blank, even if I click in it and move the mouse around or type on the keyboard.  If I right click on the VM and select Open Console and I get that pop out window then the console will show up and after a few seconds the console tab in the main window will start showing the screen again.  This is the second computer it is happening on.  Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows how to fix it because it's really annoying.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Is it Just a Blank screen or does it show up any message on the top of the screen like MKS error.?

when this happens are you able to take an RDP into the VM.?

0 Kudos
rurffy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM tools is the answer. - Have you installed VM tools on these vms?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

do you encounter the same issue using web client...Also when you connect directly to esxi host using vsphere client.. is it the same issue

0 Kudos
Monrobot
Contributor
Contributor

It's just a blank screen there's no errors at the top.  VM tools are installed on every server that I've had this problem with.  I haven't tried connecting directly to an esx server to see if the problem is still the same

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You have more than one server affected.? do they all belong to the same host or across multiple hosts.?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

have you tried recreating the issue on web client.. does the same issue happen when you running the vsphere on vcenter server machine

0 Kudos
Monrobot
Contributor
Contributor

Yes we do have multiple hosts and it is affecting VM's on all of them, but I have to state that I think this is an issue local to my machine as there are other users here that don't have the same problem.  I don't think we have the web client installed so I can't try that and I don't see the vsphere client on the vcenter server so I can't try that either.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Set your system hardware acceleration to full and check

0 Kudos