VMware Cloud Community
ivanrdrgz
Contributor
Contributor

Bridge Network ESXi 5.5

This is my first lab using ESXi. I'm working on a final degree work and I'm making a Security Lab with ESXi 5.5 installed in a university server and working from home with vSphere Client 5.5 (can't use higher versions, this is what we could access). I have a vSwitch which has connected the physical adapter, a Cisco router and a FW. I want to give the router a bridged NIC, so the entire network has internet connection from this point, but when I try it, the only option that I have is to connect the router to a Network Label, i.e. another vSwitch. How can I get it? Thank you all in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VM network connections are to Virtual Machine Port Groups such as Red Router.

What do you mean by "entire network"?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ivanrdrgz
Contributor
Contributor

My entire network means that to that pfsense devices, the are other vSwitches with more devices, so I want to connect a NIC of my router to a physical interface of the server, and configure nat on it, to have internet access through the router.

I'm trying other way. Red Router has no physical NIC connected to it, but Cisco Router has now other interface conected to other vSwitch called "WAN", which has connected the physical NIC.

0 Kudos