VMware Cloud Community
matthewfazio
Contributor
Contributor

BPFDoor exploit and ESXi 7

Hello,

My management has a concern that ESXi7 is vulnerable to the BPFDoor exploit.

I have been unable to find any article addressing this issue, nor have I been unable to find a CVE number assigned to BPFDoor itself.

Does anyone have knowledge regarding this potential security concern?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your original thread has been reported for a second time now you’ve created this duplicate anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
matthewfazio
Contributor
Contributor

Scott,

While I mean no offense, you are coming off as overly-sensitive to my post.

I could not rely on my original post being moved in a timely matter, so I found the correct section and posted it there.

Is this really something to be bothered by?  You seem to be going well out of your way to make a fuss over this.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Perhaps you could now go and delete your original thread to save the volunteer moderators from having to, you'll find the Delete option on the menu to the right:

Screenshot 2022-06-23 at 08.53.29.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos