VMware Horizon Community
therog
Contributor
Contributor

User Profiles

Hello,

We are using persistent VMs currently and looking to move our environment over to new environment and using DEM, AppVolumes and non persistent VMs. 

My question is how to I backup user's profiles and certain folders and move them over to new environment? I have DEM setup in DEV environment and it captures applications settings, etc and just want to bring users profiles over.

Sorry if this has been asked already and I tried to search for it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How are you managing user profiles now? If you are using Persona Management, here is a KB which might help: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2118056 

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
therog
Contributor
Contributor

Right now we are using a tool called ProfileUnity to backup certain things in users profiles. 

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @therog,

The approach is pretty similar to what's described in that KB article: you create DEM personalization config files for all applications that are used in the environment (and for the Windows settings that you'd like to persist) and then you let DEM and Profile Unity run "side by side" for a while to allow all users to log on and log off at least once. You can then switch over to your new environment, and have DEM import the settings that it exported from your old environment.

0 Kudos