VMware Horizon Community
almostIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Office 365 with DEM, non-persistent VDI

Does anyone have a working solution for o365 on non-persistent VDI? 

This seems to be a unicorn situation as far as I can tell. It's also a topic that, judging by the posts, hasn't been revisited in years. Which makes me think either people just gave up, or it is simply not possible. 

I've tried so many DEM profile configuration combinations, even tried FSLogicx, and still nothing seems to work right. 

The closest I've got to it "sort of working" is what is referenced in this thread here: 

DEM template for Office 365 is insufficient - VMware Technology Network VMTN

No matter what, users are asked to sign in every time they get a new desktop.

Does anyone know how to force DEM profiler to create a new Office 365 profile? 

I really wish they would let users re-profile Office products and not just say, there's already a profile for that! Because clearly the profile provided by default does absolutely nothing to address the need for persistence with o365. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao 

I've always used DEM and APPVolume (writable Volume) to manage Office 365 and I've never had any problems.
I recommend this combination because it is among those supported by VMware
At this link, you will find all the supported solutions

https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/best-practices-delivering-microsoft-office-365-vmware-horizon#s...

Only DEM is not supported there are these combinations

fabio1975_0-1684864821247.png

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao 

I've always used DEM and APPVolume (writable Volume) to manage Office 365 and I've never had any problems.
I recommend this combination because it is among those supported by VMware
At this link, you will find all the supported solutions

https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/best-practices-delivering-microsoft-office-365-vmware-horizon#s...

Only DEM is not supported there are these combinations

fabio1975_0-1684864821247.png

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
almostIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That worked. I was really hoping to avoid the use of App Volumes to that extent, but it has - in just the brief testing I've done - performed the job. 

Still not great for environments that can't utilize App Volume or have the additional storage capacity, but it works for me. 

Even better than FSLogix. I didn't have to do group polices or anything, which is nice. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos