VMware Horizon Community
Moshikot3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Issue with DEM Elevated tasks

Hello,

Recently I started using Elevated task with VMware DEM.

The task is running successfully for some users, but for some users I get the following error message in log files.

"[ERROR] Elevated task 'XXXXXX" does not exist."

What am I missing here?

Appreciate any help from you guys.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moshikot3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Good news,

We managed to sort it out, We accidently forgot to remove a test user from the global configuration in Privilege Elevation.

Thanks for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @Moshikot3,

For users for which that error appears in FlexEngine-ElevatedTasks.log, does the "normal" FlexEngine.log contain lines like [INFO ] Collected elevated task settings ('XXXXXX.xml') for the same session?

Are you launching elevated tasks using the built-in support in DEM logon tasks, or do you use FlexEngine.exe -LaunchTask taskName?

Does it always work for a certain set of users and always fail for the other users, or does that vary?

Moshikot3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Users with the Error I mentioned does not have the line "[INFO ] Collected elevated task settings ('XXXXXX.xml')"

I lunched the elevated task with built-in support, and I also tried FlexEngine.exe -LaunchTask taskName several times.

Same error appear for both of them.

There is no condition for the elevated task.

There is a condition with a username for the Logon Task.

Moshikot3_0-1623326872960.png

Moshikot3_1-1623326872965.png

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @Moshikot3,

Could you share a FlexEngine log at log level DEBUG, covering the full path-based import (i.e. DEM's activities at logon) for both a "working" and a "non-working" user?

Feel free to send the logs via private message.

0 Kudos
Moshikot3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Good news,

We managed to sort it out, We accidently forgot to remove a test user from the global configuration in Privilege Elevation.

Thanks for your help 🙂

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @Moshikot3,

Happy to hear you got it to work – thanks for reporting back.

I'll see if we can add some logic in the agent to log a warning instead of trying to launch an elevated task (and fail) in case privilege elevation is effectively disabled for the user. Thank you for bringing that scenario to our attention.

0 Kudos
chriskoch99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just ran into this same issue on 2206, so doesn't look like anything was added to make it more obvious.  Thankful for this post.

0 Kudos