VMware Horizon Community
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Dynamic Environment Manager 2009 has been released

We're happy to announce that Dynamic Environment Manager 2009 (10.1) has been released, with the following new features:

• Startup and Shutdown Tasks
    New Computer Environment settings for running tasks at computer startup and shutdown.
  • Active Directory Attribute References
    With the new %{AD$attributeName}% reference format you can use Active Directory attributes as part of DEM agent configuration or within a DEM setting.
    For instance, you could configure a user's profile archive path as %{AD$extensionAttribute8}%\%username%\Archives, or configure the UNC path for a Drive Mapping setting as \\Filesrv\%{AD$department}%.
    These references can also be used in placeholders.
  • ViewClient Property References
    Similarly, %{ViewClient_propertyName}% can be used to reference ViewClient properties. These properties are of course already available as %ViewClient_...% environment variables, but those are only set a little while after logon and reconnect. As a result, ViewClient env var in a placeholder often can't be expanded as the variable has not been set yet; the new references solve this.
    %{ViewClient_propertyName}% can also be used as part of a DEM setting (for instance, as an argument to a logon task or a triggered task custom command.)
  • 'Less than' and 'Greater than' Comparison Operators
    The Active Directory Attribute, Active Directory Site Name, Endpoint Name, Environment Variable, Horizon Client Property, and Registry Value conditions now also support 'Less than' and 'Greater than' comparison, comparing numerically if both operands are numbers, and alphabetically (case-insensitive) otherwise.

Startup and shutdown tasks are only available in the Enterprise edition. The other features are available in both editions.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

DEM 2009 als adds support for Windows 10 Version 20H2. Now that that has been released, we've updated our docs, release notes, and Windows 10 support KB article accordingly.

0 Kudos
MIWE-Admins
Contributor
Contributor

It's online.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks, @MIWE-Admins, I completely forgot about that... The KB article was updated in early November, and I've now updated my post. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Just an fyi, when I search for DEM documentation using the search bar at docs.vmware.com using the keyword "Dynamic Environment Manager",, I get "Oops not found". Same if I search "DEM" or "UEM".

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @MaxStr,

Thank you for reporting this. I'm not at all fond of it-works-on-my-machine responses, but... the links work for me, as does searching for "DEM" or "UEM" (not that most of the content returned for those acronyms is relevant for our product, but that's not something under our control... 🙂)

I tried a using a few different browsers, incognito mode, my desktop, my phone – all worked fine.

Can you access https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Dynamic-Environment-Manager/ ?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I get some results, not the greatest, but there are recent accurate results

sjesse_0-1611938573266.png

0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes the direct link always works. However I was using Chrome for the search, and when I switched to Edge I actually get some search results. That seems unusual since on Chrome I'm getting an actual server response, but I guess I'll just settle on a browser cache/cookie issue. Thanks for checking!

0 Kudos