VMware Horizon Community
alisampras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DEM 9.9 - Old mapped Printers Keep Reappearing (Printer Mapping)

Hi Community,

How can i permanently remove old printers mapping?

Horizon 7.10 / DEM 9.9

Last year we configured DEM printer mapping with 4x printers. It works and everytime the user logged in, the 4x printers are mapped according.

Recently we had deployed new print server and added the same printers to it. I had removed the old 4x printer mapping policy and created new 4x print mapping.

Issue: When users logged in, they can see newly mapped printers and can also see previously mapped 4x printer, which has been decomm.

Test #1:
1. Login to the user account and manually removed old 4x mapped printers.

2. Recover VM

3. Upon re-login, old 4x printers remapped automatically with newly mapped printers

Test #2:
1. Deleted "Network Printer.zip" file for that user.

2. Recover VM

3. Login to desktop and agian, can see the old 4x printers with newly mapped printers

Hope experts here can point me to the right solution.
Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @alisampras,

What do you mean by "Recover VM"? Also, could it be the case that printer settings are roamed via another config file as well? 

0 Kudos
alisampras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi DEMdev,

Sorry for, late reply.

What i meant by "Recover VM" is a open in Horizon Administrator console. Go to desktop pool, tick one of the vdi desktop, and click Recover. Once you click Recover, it will delete and recreate the desktop. So i call Recover. What usually you call, Refresh?

As far as i know, no other config were set.

By chance, where should i check other printer settings?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @alisampras,

My question about "Recover" was fully due to fact that I'm DEMdev, and that's pretty much all I know 🙂 My experience with Horizon is very limited, so I could not quite place that term. Thanks for clarifying.

So, yeah, if you see "old" printers after the desktop has been recreated and the user's "Network Printer.zip" has been deleted, I expect that some other config file also captures some printer-related settings.

A "binary search" of the profile archives is probably the fastest way to find the culprit.

0 Kudos
alisampras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI DEMdev,

Can show me sample to do binary search?

0 Kudos