VMware Cloud Community
cemoka
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Converter 6.0 2003 sp2 32 bit convert problem

I try to convert 2003 SP2 32 bit standart edition using vmware converter 6.0

when convert task is 98% , windows reboot and vmware converter 6.0 not show any error.

Windows event viewer :

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( vmware-converter-agent ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Panic message will be logged now....

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( vmware-converter-worker ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Panic message will be logged now....

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( vmware-converter-server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Panic message will be logged now....

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Kindly check firewall is on -   Change to OFF

Check its running on SP2 or not - else apply SP2 if you have package

Clean the temp folders (%temp % , temp , %app%)

uninstall the vmware agents

reboot the host

stop services like SQL and any other application running on there from services.msc

install fresh vmware converter 5.5  on machine

start the conversion

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!
0 Kudos
DonnieGumela
Contributor
Contributor

Where can I find a copy of 5.5?

0 Kudos