VMware Cloud Community
haladisek
Contributor
Contributor

SSL Exception when Converter tries to connect to vCenter

Hello,

I am having an issue with VMS migration from vCenter. When I try to convert machine I retrieve this error:

"A general system error occurred: SSL EXCEPTION: error:14077102:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unsupported protocol"

I tried following other threads resolving this issue but none of it helped (changing reference number in XML files, restarting vCenter service, etc.)

Iam running on 6.2.0 version.

Thanking for any help in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As your post needs moving to the Converter Standalone area, I have reported it to the moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
RohitParashar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Did you try downgrading to TLS 1.0 and restarting the converter services?

Enable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 Protocols in vCenter Converter Standalone (vmware.com)

0 Kudos
ivivanov
Expert
Expert

Seems like Converter and vCenter cannot negotiate a common version. If your vCenter is new and Converter is old (and 6.2 IS old) then it is possible to happen. Have you tried with Converter 6.3? It can be downloaded at https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/downloads/details?downloadGroup=VCENTER_STANDALONE_630_GA&prod...