VMware Edu & Cert Community
ahmeddeban
Contributor
Contributor

Taken Exam of 2V0-21-23

HI, 

I HAVE BEEN TAKEN 2V0-21-23, VMware Vsphere 8 professional, my score 450, How I got the certification without attending course as I have experience with VMware Vsphere 7and 8, Additionally I have  AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate still valid, 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The policy, as of today, does not allow you to skip taking a training regardless of your experience. If you have a different VCP, you can use that to skip the training. https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html

0 Kudos
ahmeddeban
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @SharelleP 

Thanks for your repliy , as I checked the traaing on vmware too expensive, can I get the traning from local institute in Riyadh  and get the certification !, As I asked one repersentitive of institute told me " attend the course and re-take the Exam again  and your will pay for training and Exam !!! " , I told him already get 450 score and I have Experince . Is he Right and  any advice for cheap option ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You could try to find a local academy that will present the training over a semester - they usually fill up very quickly. https://www.vmware.com/company/it-academy.html Also, when taking this path, it requires taking the equivalent exam which contains 'PSE' in the naming, but we may be able to provide an exception as the exam is essentially the same as the one you have already taken.

0 Kudos
ahmeddeban
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @SharelleP ,

I tried with the IT Academy but I don't find any class for personal , they looking for students as wall as they only available on university on  Africa not Asia KSA , do you have any alternative for attending class with less price ?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

A VMware IT Academy will almost always be the cheapest way of completing authorised vSphere training to meet the requirement for VCP-DCV.

There is an option which does NOT require completion of authorised vSphere training, but it requires that you achieve the VCP-NV.

One of the possible paths for the VCP-NV requires that you have an active CCNA, CCNP, CCIE and then pass the exam for NSX.

Choose the Cisco Certification path on this page for details: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-nv-nsxt.html

If you did that, you would also be awarded the VCP-DCV since you have already passed the vSphere exam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Another option is to achieve the VCP Cloud certification first. It currently has a free training. You still must complete the training and the exam (VMware Cloud Professional (2V0-33.22)to earn the VCP Cloud. Then you can apply this to your VCP DCV via the path called "VCP in any track with a 2021 version or newer" and then pass VMware vSphere 8.x Professional (2V0-21.23)  

ahmeddeban
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @SharelleP,. 

Thanks for your reply, Do you mean when take the VCP Cloud free training and pass the Exam I will get my Vsphere,certification ?

On the other hand I checked for It Academy and institute thier reply as below "In  your case, you must either take the class from a VMware Partner or, like I mentioned, you could take our class and then retake the VCP exam with the PSE voucher.Sorry, but this is a requirement across all VMware Academies worldwide." 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes.

The reply from the Academy partner sounds correct.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No, that's not what I said. I said you can earn the VCP Cloud which includes taking the free training and exam. THEN you can take your vSphere exam and will earn the vSphere/DCV certification. 

0 Kudos
ahmeddeban
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @SharelleP,

@scott28tt confirmed my reply if I took the VCP Cloud certificate then I can earn my Vcp-DCV certificate As already have passed 

@SharelleP 😕

0 Kudos