Certifications

View Only
  • 1.  Possible online training platform

Posted May 20, 2022 07:49 AM

Hi 

Been looking at the certification for cloud providers and the options available. Anyone know if VMware is actively looking at the likes of ACG or Pluralsight as a certified training provider?

Most corporates buy an annual sub for their staff and this would open up a great option.

• 2.  RE: Possible online training platform

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2022 07:58 AM

I doubt it, they have their own: https://www.vmware.com/learning/connect-learning.html

• 3.  RE: Possible online training platform

Posted May 20, 2022 08:03 AM

I realize that they do, but surely offering them via one or more of the larger providers would only help grow the skills.

The focused while the ACGs and Pluralsight offer a buffet that is sometimes more attractive to corporates in terms of license and training.

I guess this means its probably not gonna happen.

• 4.  RE: Possible online training platform
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2022 08:27 AM

VCP having a mandatory authorised training requirement means that VMware have to track completion carefully - keeping content under their own platform and umbrella makes that simple and possible.

• 5.  RE: Possible online training platform

Posted May 20, 2022 03:15 PM

I work for a UK based VATC, and VMware are quite rightly protective of their products, I also teach other vendor technologies, and I have to say VMware are the best, sometimes a bit too protective, but that shows they value their products

• 6.  RE: Possible online training platform

Posted Jun 06, 2022 07:27 AM

Im finding less and less on VMware training these days, plurasight is 100% worth it for home study/online training requirements.