VMware Edu & Cert Community
okidooh
Contributor
Contributor

Passed Spring Professional Develop but no certificate nor badge

Hi everybody,

I got the status for Spring Professional Develop at Pass the March 16th with exam history.

But nor certificate nor badge.

With Certification Manager, when I click on Track your certification status, the message with a orange rectangle appears : "Your status will be shown after fulfilling all the Certification Requirements. Visit VMWare Certification website for more details.

What can I do please ?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
okidooh
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your answer I haven't attending training courses.

Among these options :

The page has the following content:

1. no VCP certifications (Option 1)
    1. STEP 1 : (Recommended) Gain experience with Application Modernization, VMware Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Framework 
    2. STEP 2 : (Required) Attend ONE of the training courses in 2022 
    3. STEP 3 : (Required) Pass the qualifying exam  2V0-72.22
  2. no VCP certifications (Option 2)
    1. STEP 2 : (Required) Pass the qualifying exam
  3. VCP-Spring 2020 or Newer
    1.  STEP 1 : (Recommended) Gain experience with Application Modernization, VMware Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Framework 
    2. Option 1 - Attend ONE of the training courses in 2022 (NOT REQUIRED and OPTION instead of STEP!)
    3. Option 2 - Pass the qualifying exam (NOT REQUIRED and OPTION instead of STEP)
      The Option 2 suits better ? (2V0-72.22 Spring Professional Develop)

Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You are looking at an old community page, not the current information. Visit https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/spring-certified-pro.html

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@mhb4ever This is bad advice. You link to a page two years old which is referencing a certification that no longer exists and is not the certification the OP was asking about.

0 Kudos
okidooh
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your answer SharelleP 🙂 In my case do you agree I'm in Certification Path if you hold a VCP-Spring 2021 or Newer path ?

Best regards.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do you hold a previous version of this certification, or is this the first time you have tried to achieve it?

In other words, which of the paths on this page applies to you? https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/spring-certified-pro.html

If you are doing the VCP for the first time you must also meet the training requirement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@okidooh I don't know your history, so if you confirm that you hold the VCP Spring 2021, yes follow that path. 

0 Kudos
okidooh
Contributor
Contributor

It's the first time I tried the certification, So, I didn't have any certification yet.

So, I need to pay to follow courses ? Even if I passed successfully the exam ?

Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, your first VCP-level certification (which this is) has a required training element.

For a list of the required courses, select the "no VCP certifications" path on the page I linked to previously.

This explains why you have no certificate or badge, you don't currently hold the certification as you have not met all the requirements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
okidooh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everybody,

Thanks @scott28tt I will have a look deeply into your link.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos