VMware Edu & Cert Community
Vikramaditya_J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Difference: VCP-DCV 2021 (2V0-21.20) Or VCP-DCV 2022

Hello Community,

I am a VCP-DCV 2019 certified professional and I am looking for next certification in DCV path. On a little search, I found that there're 2 latest certifications available under DCV i.e., VCP-DCV 2021 (2V0-21.20) and VCP-DCV 2022. Based on eligibility criteria, I first need to pass the VCP-DCV 2021 and then VCP-DCV 2022. However, I've a few doubts:-

- Is "2V0-21.20" certification code associated with VCP-DCV 2021 or VCP-DCV 2022?

- What is exam code for VCP-DCV 2022 certification?

Any help or clarification on this will be highly appreciated. TIA

Thank you!
Vikramaditya J
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The version of VCP is based on the year that you complete all of the requirements. So if you are a VCP-DCV 2019 and then take the 2V0-21.20 exam then you would gain the VCP-DCV 2022 certification  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The version of VCP is based on the year that you complete all of the requirements. So if you are a VCP-DCV 2019 and then take the 2V0-21.20 exam then you would gain the VCP-DCV 2022 certification  

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You cannot become a VCP-DCV 2021 because it is now 2022, so you can only become a VCP-DCV 2022.

Select the "VCP-DCV 2019 or Newer" path to the left of this page to see what the requirements are for you: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Vikramaditya_J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So, this is a single exam i.e. 2V0-21.20 and a candidate gets certified and earns a badge based on the year he appears for the exam. For those who appeared and passed this exam in 2021, received VCP-DCV 2021 badge and those who are going to appear and pass it in 2022, will get VCP-DCV 2022 badge. Is my understanding correct?

Thank you!
Vikramaditya J
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Correct.

The VCP is awarded based on when you complete the final requirement, which is usually passing the exam, although it could be taking the training if they pass the exam first then take the training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog