VMware Edu & Cert Community
jsm79
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

6V1-11.23: VMware Cloud Infrastructure Administrator

Has anyone taken this beta exam (6V1-11.23: VMware Cloud Infrastructure Administrator) and gotten the results yet? It was offered near the end of last year as a beta, w/ a $50 exam fee and 50% off your next exam. I figured, why not? But on my certmetrics account, it still just shows as "taken", with no pass/fail indication. My impression was that, since you had to take it before the end of the year, that the results would come out pretty soon after the new year. But here we are 2 months later and no results...

0 Kudos
24 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As per the page for the exam, beta takers will get their score when the final exam launches: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vc-cloud-infrastructure-administrator-exam.html

No idea when that will be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This Beta is going through an extensive psychometric analysis to determine final balancing before assigning results. I can't comment on the exact timing of when scores will be released, but this is common for a beta exam to take multiple months to get the final score.

andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

way too long with no feedback or timeline

KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Results have been finalized, and you will be receiving your results soon, if not already.

andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Still not showing up on certmetrics!

jsm79
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

same for me. Still just shows as taken.

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I just spoke with the exam developer. There has been a delay in loading the results to Certification Manager. Be assured that the team is working on getting results to you asap.

DCasota
Expert
Expert

Hi @SharelleP and team,

It's absolutely clear that you all have had many culprits the last couple of months.

The Broadcom deal grow business together with top 4000 customers created difficulties also on the other side, especially in small countries. The white-labeling synapses process in the partner ecosystem shows progress though.

The entry level certifications VCIA and VMC last year were promising. Beside #AWS #GCE #Oracle cloud infrastructure, here in Switzerland, there are SMB customers which want plan their infrastructure with VMware By Broadcom products in the future as well.

There is a playbook for #AVS with #SAP on #RHEL using #HCX #OSAM to avoid vendor lock-in by migrating VMs off to Azure VMs if needed.

I do not think VMware By Broadcom has become a vendor lock-in, definitely not, no way. It would be nice to get SMB bakened into the new Broadcom concept, and to evolve Cloud Infrastructure Administrator and VMware Cloud 202x by integrating aspects of costs: TCO, Cybersecurity (NIST-800-xx, ISO270xx, ++) and information protection specific-possibilites in VMware By Broadcom products, and landing zone specific specialities.

I think this weblink content is actually under review, right?https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/certification/vmw-certifcation-tra...

Back to the question: I participated as a beta tester as well.

I failed. This should be the result. Actually the score report says "no content". This is not good. Please, check the balance.

How can I succeed as well? Here a few ideas:

Certificate Expiration Policy: Implement a one-year expiration policy for entry-level certificates, allowing free retries until the expiration date. This discourages students from seeking alternatives like Udemy courses or dumps.
CPE Credits concept: Consider collecting Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits like from ISC2. These credits enhance professional development.
AI-Supported Learning Paths: Explore AI-driven learning paths, such as the CISSP program. These paths offer effective, sustainable, and collaborative value delivery to customers.

I strongly believe the new team is recovering well and is keen on feedback! Best wishes and thank you for the assistance.

0 Kudos
bsnvmw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How to check the exam result ??  @DCasota 

It shows "This test does not have a score report." in pearsonVue 

0 Kudos
DCasota
Expert
Expert

Yes, that‘s the beta exam score content. Nothing wrong about it. All fine.

0 Kudos
bsnvmw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

i didn't see the scoring report on the Cert Manager indeed.. which i think it should be there as final confirmation. 

The current blank report from Pearson is the the one we received last year, i don't see any update there.. so i guess it is still in progress ?

0 Kudos
DCasota
Expert
Expert

From shared responsibility between students, pearsonVue and VMware By Broadcom, [delivered/taken/fail/pass/fill-in] are labels. Let me explain.

I share some insights about my case.

- I registered for the exam without having already built up on-the-job experience, especially for Aria Ops

- I searched briefly for usable documents on the Internet. The test preparation took place via the exam guide and its referenced weblinks and VMC documents from the exam I passed early in 2023.

- I am 50 years old, not a native English speaker, but I am comfortable with my language in English.

- The preparation took about 30 hours.

During the exam, I noticed that I was unsure about some questions. I didn't know the answer and had to guess. Well, there was no sliding bar of 0-100% per question how confident I feel in answering the question. This feedback granularity would have helped to rightsize the expectation.

On the same hand, I knew afterwards that there are topics I didn't feel comfortable with and that it will get difficult without actual on-the-job experience and that I should spend more than 30 hours with learning.

So, I mentioned that my expectation of the exam experience overall is a change from label "taken" to --> "fail".

As a non-VMware employee, I shall not see exam repository insights, and as a non-pearsonVue employee I expect a good balance between surveillance and privacy. Both are API- and NDA-related. But let's say that you have students at age up to 20 and above 65 with the same preparation and having answered the questions identically as in my case. In this constellation I think that those students should get a "pass". Better progress is a sliding windows through time. Would you want to correct a centenarian's exam? Bless you.

Hope this makes sense.

0 Kudos
mutchlerr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had a result email me today after taking this in November 2023.  The status updated from taken to my result.  No score report in PearsonVue.

0 Kudos
DCasota
Expert
Expert

I can confirm to have received today a status update, too. Now it matches with the expectation "fail" (others hopefully have "pass"!), and yes, the score report isn't available yet.

0 Kudos
arthuraflred
Contributor
Contributor

Where should i see the status updates?   From PearsonVUE  or Certmetrics ?
I did not see my beta exam listed on https://www.certmetrics.com/vmware/candidate/vue_its_score_report_download.aspx

Could anyone point me to the correct page ? Appreciate that !

0 Kudos
DCasota
Expert
Expert

Before May 6th 2024, this works for reviewing status updates.

- Connect e.g. via Customer Connect to VMware Learning https://mylearn.vmware.com/ (btw. do not use Microsoft Edge as browser, but e.g. Google Chrome to view content.)

- On the right side, click on MyEnrollments

- Tests: Single-Sign-On on Pearson VUE: Manage Exams

- On the right side: My Account > Click on Exam history, or click on Show Score Reports

In addition, after the score report has been created, it should show up on the weblink mentioned in https://www.certmetrics.com/vmware/candidate/vue_its_score_report_download.aspx

For the sake of completeness, here the retiring message.

As of May 6, 2024, MyLearn will be retiring and moving to a new platform

Plan ahead:

• As of May 6 you will no longer be able to access any data on MyLearn. For your records, please download all course completion certificates before this date.

• We will provide you with more information on how to access the new platform in the coming weeks.

0 Kudos
arthuraflred
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks DCasota

arthuraflred_0-1711755926233.png

the Status still shows "Delivery Successful ",   I do not know whether pass or fail .

Does the system shows you "Pass" or "Fail" of the Beta Exam in VUE already ?  If yes, I think i should contact the support.

0 Kudos
DCasota
Expert
Expert

I would wait. There is no benefit to contact the support in this phase.

It is a guess but on May 6th the new platform is up and running, and this must include all candidates‘ exam history.

And these days are optimal to keep on with learning. Digital Learning has published new training materials 🙂

0 Kudos
cx901
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos