VMware Edu & Cert Community
HarrisonAsuen
Contributor
Contributor

5V0-41.20 Velocloud Exam was completely wrong and had misspelling and outdated content

I just took my velocloud troubleshooting exam and the content of the exam were all outdated questions answer from a past version 3.0.0. Not to mention question 36 on the exam literally have a misspelling with one of the options “internet backha” and another option either the continued sentence. How is this exam still running when the examination tool is misleading and answer wrong! 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Probably best to email your feedback to certification@vmware.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
HarrisonAsuen
Contributor
Contributor

I did but they discontinued that email and basically forwarded me to the Partner Webpage, which is more misleading than anything i have ever seen. I already know 3 people that have failed this exam right after taking it and they have deployed VeloCloud for 1-2 years now. Its crazy. I can only imagine how the design exam would be like.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The only other suggestion I have is to tag @KarlChilds and wait to see if he can help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
HarrisonAsuen
Contributor
Contributor

thank you!!

@KarlChilds

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Harrison, this exam is actually in our queue to update. No GA date yet.

Thanks,

Karl

0 Kudos
HarrisonAsuen
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Karl,

so what happens to the people that have to take the exam and basically have questions which are wrong and answer not displaying accurately. It’s not even about updating the exam, VMware needs to have someone check the exams as it’s presented inaccurately thus robbing individuals of must needed points to pass the exam. 

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It's a great question. At the time the exam was written, it was accurate, went through technical checks, etc. In the exam guide, each of the references listed refer to the product version (3.3) on which the items were written, to provide context and guidance as well as opportunity for study. When taking the exam, the exam guide is key to knowing what to expect not only in objectives being tested, but also the content of the exam. If there is a question that is just wrong, we definitely need to know about it. 

Two things can happen: 

1. If a high enough amount of items are technically inaccurate, we run through a psychometric review with Subject Matter Experts and if the exam is considered inaccurate, we adjust past scores of test takers based on the new standards.

2. If a minimal number of questions are inaccurate, but the overall is still psychometrically sound, then we correct and adjust in updated versions. 

We can perform this type of health check during our new version update (while we have the SMEs available.)

0 Kudos
HarrisonAsuen
Contributor
Contributor

I understand if this was another exam I would not complain. I’m still very shocked that the exam hasn’t been flagged yet then again I doubt this is a widely taken exam. I am not lying when I say there was a question with 5 multiple choice answer and one answer was just “Internet backha” with the next option the continuation of the last option which stated “ul………” what such an error what option should a test taker select. And if this is wrong then what else is. The SME might go in tomorrow and validate all I’m saying but that wouldn’t take from the fact the several engineers have attempted the exam and fail on technicality outside of their control. 

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We'll take a look. This exam was part of the VeloCloud migration and wasn't created with the same standards as my team follows, although it was created following industry standards. Things like that should not have made it in. Thanks for the insights.

0 Kudos
HarrisonAsuen
Contributor
Contributor

No problem glad to be of help, extremely shocked this was not reported. Please update me when or if this has been resolved. 

0 Kudos