VMware Edu & Cert Community
xci131
Contributor
Contributor

2v0-33.22 - vmware cloud professional fail :(

I took the exam and failed with a score of 280, despite months of preparation. What kind of scoring system is this? I am confident in the accuracy of my answers, and I wonder if I have a free retake option. I was really well-prepared, how did I fail?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Here’s how the scoring works: https://blogs.vmware.com/learning/2022/01/06/vmware-certification-insights-how-scaled-scoring-works/

The screenshot you posted should help you prepare for your next attempt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
xci131
Contributor
Contributor

"I don't see anything about retaking the exam here; it's difficult to understand the scoring system. I have examined the scoring system, but it's hard to comprehend."

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Did VMware say something about there being a free re-take via a promotion?

That is as much information as you will get about the scoring system from VMware, if you have other scoring questions you could email certification@vmware.com but I doubt they would give you anything more detailed.

The best next step is to focus on the objectives shown where you didn’t get questions correct.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Scott is correct. Scoring is scaled with the highest being 500 and below 300 equaling a fail. The objectives listed in your score report tell you which objectives being measured were not achieved.