VMware Cloud Community
roopeshm
Contributor
Contributor

Veeam Backup failed with error

In my veeam backup replication there is a backup failed with the below error.

"3/20/2024 1:12:19 PM :: Processing AD-DC1 Error: An error occurred while quiescing the virtual machine. See the virtual machine's event log for details. (An error occurred while saving the snapshot: Failed to quiesce the virtual machine., An error occurred while taking a snapshot: Failed to quiesce the virtual machine.)" Upon checking i found the veeam unable to create snapshot.

So i went to vcenter and tried to start the  quiesced snapshot and i got error. Checked the VM logs in vcenter found.
VssSyncStart' operation failed: IDispatch error #8449 (0x80042301). I have checked the VM tools service and VSS writers state everything is okay, 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No clues about the VM, about the vSphere version, the Veeam version, or whether you have done research on the Veeam forums?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

it will be the post it to the Team forums as mentioned above, but I can tell you that the most problems with backup is that you have snapshots on the VM's and they to the problems. Only vCenter is an exception and for it is its special backup and restore procedure.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Selling and Integration of Audio & Video Accessories and Technology
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
0 Kudos