VMware Cloud Community
Anonymous
Not applicable

VDP tasks not visible in vSphere Web Client

I configured a backup job in VDP which backups all my vms at night. This job runs fine but I never see any tasks about VDP in the task list in VDP ?

The reporting by email works fine but when I run a manual backup job or if I would like to know if VDP is performing maintenance tasks it would be nice to see this in the task list.

I already opened a support ticket for this but Vmware support told me this was normal behaviour which I seriously doubt ???

I think this has something to do with the SSO configuration because there is a note on page 14 of the VDP admin guide but to me the configuration seems correct.

3 Replies
jtmoree
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert

So,

You login to web client > Run a backup job, you are unable to see the backup job task correct?

Now:

1. In Web Client > Home > Tasks on left hand side. You should be able to see it here.

Next

2. In the recent tasks pane > Click the Drop down for my tasks and select all users tasks.

You can now see the tasks here as well.

Suhas

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Don't Backup. Go Forward!
Rubrik

admin
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks SavkoorSuhas,

It works for me.

Regards,

Manu

0 Kudos