VMware Cloud Community
compupartes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VDP SQL Application restore

Hi every one,

I am doing some test with DP 6.0 and the SQL backup, I have been doing some backups but I could not restore any of the backups yet.

Every time is the same error no matter if I do some changes during the restore process.

I can see these lines at the events panel from the vsphere client :

Task: VDP: Restore Job

VDP Restore "VM name" started

VDP server execution error code: 10007 Job name ......

VDP: Restore completed

Could you please tell me where to check if there is another log where I can find more information about this error?

Also, I have done backups and restores for individual VMs and it works fine, until now I have done backups from SQL Application but I could not complete the restore correctly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
compupartes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have found this log in the windows VM where I want to restore de DB,  c:\Program files\avp\var\MOD-xxxxxxxxx-sql.log

I this log I can find the following error:

SQL plug-in will now terminate due to the following avtar error: 'code 536870919: miscellaneous error'

But I need to know what it means :smileylaugh:.

0 Kudos
RolfW81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I had the same Problem.

In the log was following:

2016-07-06 12:06:52 avsql Error <11971>: Database TESTSQL01\SQLEXPRESS/db_Test will be skipped because it does not exist or is offline and a tail-log backup could not be performed.

2016-07-06 12:06:52 avsql Error <15760>: No targets after expansion!

2016-07-06 12:06:52 avsql Error <11973>: Recovery cannot be performed, all targets were excluded from restore.

2016-07-06 12:06:52 avsql Info <7271>: Final summary generated subwork 1, cancelled/aborted 0, snapview 0, exitcode 536870919

2016-07-06 12:06:57 avsql Info <6451>: avsql returning with exitcode 536870919

I created a new database, make a backup and then deleted it. So with the standard options or REPLACE and Tail-Log Backup is enabled.

From the Administration Guide VMware vSphere Data Protection Documentation

A SQL Server restore with the tail-log backup option selected fails

This problem can be caused if the last restore was performed after the last full backup. Perform a full backup

on the database before restore.

The restore can also fail if the Tail-log backup restore option is enabled and the database does not exist or is

offline. In this case disable the Tail-log backup option.

So I enabled REPLACE and disabled Tail-Log Backup and then it worked.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rolf

0 Kudos