VMware Cloud Community
nava_thulasi39

Unable to connect VMware Data Recovery Appliance

Hi,

I tried to use VMware Data Recovery in my homelab setup.

Initially I tried connecting with my vCenter (Windows 2003 OS) everything worked fine. I added the Disk for Stroage, I disconnected from the vCenter.

Then I tried to connect with my Local PC (Windows 7), it's not connecting and not even prompting for the vCenter credentials and NO Error message. Again I tried in vCenter, the issue is same. Even it's prompting for vCenter credentials to connect (It comes as Attempting to connect but it's not connecting and there is no error message)

Any help to resolve the issue?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
6 Replies
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Are you able reach the VDR appliance?

Did you check the VDR plugin is enabled?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

could you reach the vdr via ssh, ping?

You could restart the service with "service datarecovery stop" and then "start".

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39

Hi Frank,

I could ping, able to take ssh.

I restarted the service "service datarecovery stop" and then "start". But the problem still exists.

It's attempting to connect, no error but it's not connecting.

I am using vCenter 4.1 with esx hosts esx 4.1 & esxi 4.1 and VMware Data recovery

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

if it takes to much Time for troubleshooting, i would recomend to install a New One.

Because you only Need 10 Minutes for deploying.

Do Not delete the Old One, so you are able to troubleshooting it later.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39

Hi,

Thanks.

Exactly, I did the same now.

Now I am able to connect from the vCenter machine not from the client (local) machine.

Local machine is windows 7 (64bit), windows firewall is disabled. I am able to ping & ssh from the client machine.

Any idea why it's not working from the client machine?

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

what about the vdr plugin. Did you reinstalled it?

Frank

0 Kudos