VMware Cloud Community
VMWAREITI
Contributor
Contributor

vRops 6.0.2 - can't create new reports or edit them after upgrade from 6.0.1

Hi all,

We have a Master node in datacenter 1 and a Slave data collector in datacenter 2.

Last week i've upgraded both appliances from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2.

After the upgrade everything seems working OK, so i removed the snapshots, but the day after i noticed that we can't edit or create reports.

I also tested this with the local admin account. -> also a no go.

How can we resolve this?

A second thing i found is that not all PDF reports are fully generated.

Some of them are 0kb when you download them, while the CSV file seems OK.

I hope you guys can help me out with this.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
RWalterCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

same here. Anything new about that?

Regards

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

have you checked about any disk-space issues on the vrops vm(s)?

besides that, I'd suggest to support call with vmware

0 Kudos
ikiris
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had a similar issue but then I realized that I was using IE 11. Chrome works fine.

-Chris- http://www.twitter.com/ikiris http://blog.chrischua.net
0 Kudos
RWalterCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i agree to ikiris.

Chrome works for me, too.

regards

0 Kudos
jasoncrossley
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue, same exact upgrade scenario as OP, although I haven't had the 0KB issue with the reports (yet).  I have tried Chrome as well as Firefox, no luck.  I will call support in the morning. 

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So you have a 2-node cluster split between 2 sites?

DO you have HA enabled?

How far apart are the data centers from each other?

Are they on the same network segment (layer-2), or are they routed (layer-3, aka diff network segments)?

What is the latency between nodes?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
jasoncrossley
Contributor
Contributor

So I figured out the issue, it appears that 6.0.2 strictly enforces the licensing, whereas 6.0.1 did not.   I was under the false impression that buying the VSOM ePlus bundle entitled you to Enterprise VROM.  It sucks, I guess we won't be renewing those licenses.  For what Enterprise costs, there just isn't enough value there.  

0 Kudos
VMWAREITI
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your replies!

Problem is still not solved... at this moment we upgraded to 6.0.3 hoping that this would solve these issues... but unfortunately it did not.

The PDF problem exists with all browsers i tested (ie, ff, chr)
Disk is also not full, because other reports are generating fine.

Installed license is vRealize Operations Management Suite 6 Standard Edition for vRealize Operations on both appliances. Does anybody knows if the enterprise license is integrated within our vsphere enterprise plus license?

DC's are 20km apart, but i don't think this will have anything to do with our pdf or create/edit reports issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
rameshramy
Contributor
Contributor

VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.0.2

try above link, follow the procedure

0 Kudos
am3rig0
Contributor
Contributor

@VMWAREITI,

Your license does not include customisable dashboards and reports. You need Advanced or Enterprise for that. Please see here:

Compare vRealize Operations Editions | VMware United Kingdom

0 Kudos
VMWAREITI
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, tnx for your reply...

so now i installed following license: VMware vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus for vRealize Operations, but i still have no create or edit possibilities for reports. Also checked the permissions for the user and those are correct.

0 Kudos
VolNation
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem.

I have the following license installed: VMware vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus for vRealize Operations

When I go into Report Templates tab, all I can do is Delete or Run templates. I can't edit or create any new ones (the green plus sign doesn't even show up on the page.)

I am using an account that is given Administrator permissions over all objects in the system. I have tried both an Active Directory authenticated account, the default "admin" account, and a new local account given all permissions.

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMware vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus entitles you to vSphere Enterprise Plus and vRealize Operations Manager Standard.  Custom reports are not included vRealize Operations Manager Standard.

0 Kudos
VMWAREITI
Contributor
Contributor

larsonm‌, thanks for your reply.

Actually vrops tells me VMware vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus for vRealize Operations

So by reading that I assume that he's not using the standard license... am I that wrong? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Enterprise Plus refers to the edition of vSphere.  All versions of vSphere with Operations Management include vRealize Operations Manager Standard Edition.

0 Kudos