VMware Cloud Community
HealthIsWhy
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize Operations Manager Licensing Exclusions

I am running vROps 6.2.  I have set up a custom group called "vROps Exclusion" that contains some virtual machines that I do not want to include in my vROps licensing.

I went into the Licensing section of vROps and set the "Product Licensing" group to exclude the group that I created but it does not seem to work.

Are you not able to specify a group of objects from the "always exclude" section of the licensing group?  Surely you don't have to select the objects one by one....

Can anyone help with this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you're making any changes whatsoever to the licensing groups, don't bother using the default "Product Licensing" Group. Create a new license group and send the default group off to the side (remove the lic key from it too).

That being the case, make a new group for the vROps license key. If you want to populate it with ALL VMs except those in the "Excl VM Group" (which you already created per your original statement), use the following screenshot as the new license group's ruleset.

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 9.20.12 PM.png

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos