VMware Cloud Community
MattG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vROPS for Horizon issue trying to get Connection Server Broker configured

I am trying to configure vROPs for Horizon View.   I configured the vROPS Horizon View adapter with an adapter ID of 1.

I install the Horizon View vROPS Broken agent on one of my two Connection Servers (this Conn Server is paired with a Security server,  the other is internally only).  I try to configured it and each time I am denied.  Looking in the log file I see this:

Exception in ViewAPILogon, details follows : ViewAPILogon failed due to invalid or empty Broker Credentials

I have modified the pairing key in the vROPs View adapter key with different keys and still get the same message

In vROPs licensing I enter the Horizon Enterprise per concurrent user (300) key in vROPs for Horizon license.

I associate the licensing groups as per the doc:

vRealize Operations Manager 6.0.1 Documentation Center

One last potential issue:  The Connection Server is running in a different vCenter than the one that is associated with vROPs View adapter (Connection Server is in Managemet vCenter and desktops are in VDI vCenter)

Any help would be appreciated.

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It was FW rules.  Needed to open ports in vROPs:

http://www.carlstalhood.com/vmware-vrealize-operations-for-horizon/#configurebrokeragent

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What version is your adapter and what version is your broker?  What version of View?  What error does the Broker Agent UI give you when attempting to pair?

One thing that has been successful for me when having pairing issues is to simply stop the View Adapter, waiting for it to show stopped, and then start it from the Solutions page in the vROps UI (as shown).  Attempt to re-pair the adapter and broker once.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It was FW rules.  Needed to open ports in vROPs:

http://www.carlstalhood.com/vmware-vrealize-operations-for-horizon/#configurebrokeragent

0 Kudos