VMware Cloud Community
jmattfeld
Contributor
Contributor

density metrics are missing in vRealize operations after upgrade from vCops

after my migration I miss the density metrics that I saw in 5.8 and used in custom dashboards. The same for some capacity metrics like waste|Count distinct>VM powered off and others. Is there a list which metrics have been removed and why are such metrics removed. 

Does someone else see that too?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Density is still there in 6.0

For the powered off etc - look around "reclaimable *.*" metrics

2015-02-04_163352.png

0 Kudos
jmattfeld
Contributor
Contributor

yes, I see that there too but I am not able to find these metrics in Troubleshooting -> All metrics. I want to include them in my custom dashboards

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

they should be there... you can try finding them by the values.

I also don't know them one by one Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
nyjz1298
Contributor
Contributor

This is also happening on a fresh install for me.  I have a detailed config for a dashboard I created in 5.8.1 and a lot of it was based on ratios.  Now none of them are there.  This is driving me crazy.  Have you found a solution?

0 Kudos
jmattfeld
Contributor
Contributor

no, not really. For some I could create supermetrics but for the others I found no way. What I have so far is:

VM to Host ratio for a cluster: sum(${this, metric=summary|number_running_vms})/sum(${this, metric=summary|number_running_hosts})  where this is the cluster

vCPU to CPU density for a cluster: sum(${this, metric=summary|number_running_vcpus})/sum(${this, metric=cpu|corecount_provisioned})

Maybe that helps a bit

Jens

0 Kudos
nyjz1298
Contributor
Contributor

Essentially what I did too.  This is certainly adding some time to this engagement that wasnt expected.  I also really miss some of the canned dashboards that you could build that had all the interactions and pre-widgets set.  The metric forensics one was really handy.  Looks like I'll be building that from scratch too.

0 Kudos