VMware Cloud Community
MattG
Expert
Expert

Will modification of Usable Capacity Config setting affect Capacity Remaining metrics?

The Capacity Remaining metrics offer useful cap information that I want to incorporate into a Custom UI dashboard (since there are no Cap IQ related widgets available).  However, the Capacity Remaining metrics are overly agressive with the amount of VM cap remaining.  So agreesive that I would not want an executive to view it.  I wants execs to be able to view the dashboard and say "Hey we are getting close on CPU capacity,  I need to budget another host for next quarter".

If I modify the Usable Capacity config setting in the Default Policy to include the HA setting as well as a buffer reserve per resource of 10%,  should I expect the VM count in Capacity Remaining metric to drop 10%?   This is the effect that I would like as it allows me to make the cap remaining numbers more reasonable without having to use Super Metric arithmetic to accomplish it.

Also,  is there a way to force the Capacity process to run now instead of its normal nightly schedule?

Thanks,

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
0 Replies