VMware Cloud Community
chayner
Contributor
Contributor

Problem understanding Dashboard menu / Dashboard ownership

Version of vCOPs is 5.8.3.

I have installed and configured the vCOPs plugins for Hyperic and for the HP StoreFront products.. They all come with dashboards, which I can see from the actual, built-in Admin user. Trouble is, users ported in from AD who have been given full Admin rights can't see them. This is particularly curious because I used one of those accounts to configure the adapter that the Dashboards are based on!

Anyone know why the admin user sees so many more options than users who are in the admin group?

goodbad.jpg

The top bit is what the admin user sees.. the bottom is what an AD user in the administrators group sees. Can anyone help me with why these don't match, and how to manage this type of thing in the future?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

By default, only the owner (creator) of a dashboard can see it. "Admin" will be the default owner for most dashboards imported via adapter PAKs.

You must 'share' dashboards for other users to see them, regardless of their account group type (admins, users, etc). After you share the dashboards, one at a time, you'll see those users get access. Dashboard sharing is a topic covered in the Custom UI admin/getting started guides.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos