VMware Cloud Community
OsburnM
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

List VMs on Local Datastores

Does anyone know how to create either a view, custom group, and/or dashboard that will list names of VMs that are on local datastores?  I know how to create a view to list Datastores that are local and have VMs on them; however, I'm looking for the reverse-- identify the VM names ON local datastores.  Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes you will need to create a supermetric and apply it to Virtual Machines.  Here is the supermetric that I created for it. 

min(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=Datastore, metric=System Attributes|availability, depth=5, where = "summary|isLocal equals true"})

Personal blog VMignite.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes you will need to create a supermetric and apply it to Virtual Machines.  Here is the supermetric that I created for it. 

min(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=Datastore, metric=System Attributes|availability, depth=5, where = "summary|isLocal equals true"})

OsburnM
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This is perfect!  View created & applied to Virtual Machine objects and the new view has been added to my weekly healthcheck dashboard.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Nice, reason why its not on my health check dashboard is because it requires supermetric.  Also check out Host with Mismatch datastores.  http://www.vmignite.com/2019/04/vrops-how-to-find-out-which-clusters-have-inconsistent-datastores-mo...

0 Kudos