VMware Cloud Community
lvaibhavt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Integrating Service Now with vRops 6.1

Hi All,

We are doing PoC for vRops and now we have a requirement to integrate vRops 6.1 with ticketing tool Service Now.

Can you please suggest on how this can be achieved.

Thanks

Vaibhav

0 Kudos
4 Replies
simonea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

At present there is no direct integration as I am sure you are already fully aware.

So far most customers I have visited are passing data to SNOW via SNMP as the REST adaptor does not pass enough information on the alert.

Some are also using products like http://www.evanios.com/ as a middle man between vROPs and SNOW.

As for future integration with vROps and SNOW? I am very sure VMware are paying attention to that kind of need/requirement.

0 Kudos
sunnydua2011101
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yup.. you need to do a manual integration for now. One of my customer uses Netcool as the event aggregator and then forwards them to service now. The alerts are forwarded from vROps to Netcol by logging them into a local partition on vROps nodes and then using a scheduled script the alerts are parsed and forwarded as messages to Netcool.
Regards Sunny
0 Kudos
lvaibhavt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

thank you guys for replying

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

I cant remember if i read it or it was on one of the vrops webinars that you might be able to use VRO as the broker between vrops and Service now. Might be worth looking into. Also you might be able to use the REST notification plugin to interact directly with Service now. again i have not look into it but might be worth looking into

0 Kudos