VMware Cloud Community
boomer50
Contributor
Contributor

Infrastructure Navigator / Hyperic Dashboards keep disappearing

I have installed the VROPs (VA) virtual appliance (version Version 6.0.2.2777062), Hyperic 5.84 VA and the vCenter Infrastructure Navigator (VIN) 5.8.4.207 VA.  I have also installed the following management PAK's:

vmware-MPforVIN-6.0.1-2563832.pak

vmware-vcops-5.7.1-MPforHyperic-5.8-1521651.pak

I then configured them in Solutions and all was well for a short while.   The dashboards for VIN and Hyperic were showing up.   I then added some hyperic agents to some Windows servers and noticed shortly after that my Dashboards for VIN and Hyperic were missing.   I have re-registered the adapters to no avail.

I removed the configuration for all the adapters, redeployed them and then reconfigured them.  Still no go.

I have been searching for answers for about 3 hours now and can find nothing of help.

vSphere-adapter.JPG

VIN-Adapter.JPGhyperic-adapter.JPG

--Randy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
boomer50
Contributor
Contributor

I found that if I log in with the "admin" account that I supplied when I deployed the vROPs VA, I can see the dashboards.   If I logon with an account that has the Administrator role (whether local or ldap), I cannot see the dashboards for VIN or Hyperic.

I have granted the account the Administrator role and Access to All Objects.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The 'admin account is the owner. Every dashboard has one owner. By default, out-of-the-box dashboards from installed MP will assign 'admin' as the owner. TO share, you must 'SHARE' that dashboard with other users or groups of users. See the product docs for that procedure.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos