VMware Cloud Community
chrispmr
Contributor
Contributor

Features available in vCOPs 5.8 Foundation

Hi there,

I'm used to using vCOPs Standard but am now having to use vCOPs Foundation. I have a few queries about whats missing between the two;

1. Its difficult to discern how a Health score is determined. For instance I have a host with a workload rating of 85 and 0 Faults, but the Health is shown as 15. Clicking on Health doesn't shown the normal metrics I would expect to help explain this rating. In fact under Health there is just Workload and Faults shown. Should the Health score be ignored in Foundation?
  2. I can't see a way to access metrics for CPU Ready, Memory Sharing etc. I can see these metrics for Disk IO and things like CPU Usage, but not Ready.
  3. Is there any way to access the Metrics page, like what is available in vCOPs Standard?
  4. Normal is not being calculated, is this a limitation of Foundation?

I understand the vCOPs Foundation is free and much cut down from the paid for versions, but these limitations mean I can't really see it being of much use on a day to day basis - am I missing something?

Cheers

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

1. In Foundation, health is badge|health.. calculated from the vCenter Server MP. Health will be generated from workload, anoms, and faults. Don't ignore it. 2. You're probably set to use "Balanced Profile for vR Ops. This is the default setting. This limits the metrics you're comments are missing. Switch it to "Full Profile" and you'll then get all the metrics you think you're missing, however it'll also increase the cpu/mem/disk load on vR Ops. 3. Metrics page.. please elaborate. Are you talking the "all metrics" tab? 4. You'll see DTs in foundation.. however you need to what at least a few/7 days to get base DTs. The longer time the better. How long have you given vROps 5.8 to get it's DTs straight?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos