VMware Cloud Community
sorina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Conceptual Question in Badges

Hi,

I had hold a demo about OPs 5.0.3 yesterday , one of perent asked me a question , I could not answer to it?

I Configuration for badges for example Health is said :

75-100 score is good health

40-75 score is warning health

What is assurance about this definied range ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You also need to look at the operations badges....they are there to be used by the operations team.

Dashboard is just that....overview of the environment in a dashboard view.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sorina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I confige range of helath (0-100) they said to me what is assurance for good health in 75 and bad health in 69!!!

I did not answer to this question , do you can answer to this?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The health rating gives you an overview of the current operational state of an inventory object.
The Health badge answers the question "How is my system doing right now?" Health identifies the current problems in the system or issues that need to be resolved immediately to avoid problems. Therefore, health is the first high-level indicator that you should look at to see if your system needs immediate attention. The Health badge breaks down into several sub-badges: Workload, Anomalies, and Faults.
vCenter Operations Manager calculates the Health score by using the scores of the sub-badges that the Health badge contains. Faults are given precedence in the Health score because they describe existing problems, while Workload and Anomalies are combined to identify performance problems. This approach ensures that the score of the Health badge reflects the actual state of the object, without exaggerating or underestimating problems.
I would say from my experiance 80-100 should be good....below that you might have issues. The default is 76-100 for green.
(I copied/past this from the manual...)
0 Kudos
sorina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks, I am techincal user not primarily . I know All of them.

I need a Strong argument ,because of it is hard to justify senior admin to using simple badges for monitoring Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You also need to look at the operations badges....they are there to be used by the operations team.

Dashboard is just that....overview of the environment in a dashboard view.

0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Confidence will come as you use the product.   To start it is a leap of faith as you are trusting that vCops methods will produce good results without false positives.

Apparently in 5.6 you can set different Health ranges based on groups that you create.   This would allow you to have an Email group with a Health range of 80-100 = Green and a Citrix Group with a Health range of 70-100 = Green.

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos