VMware Cloud Community
MattG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Applications and Tiers in Default UI in 5.6?`

I thought 5.6 would allow Applications and Tiers to be created in either Default UI or Custom UI and then you could view the grouping from either env?

It appears that I can create an "application" group in the Default UI,  but not Application Tiers.  If I create an "App Tier" group in Default UI and then create an "app group" and try to associate the app tier to the app group,  it won't let me.

Also,  if I create an app in Custom UI it is not visible as an app in Default UI.

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That's right, the custom groups in the default/vSphere UI are not related.  Your app groups in the custom UI are not exposed in the vSphere UI.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That's right, the custom groups in the default/vSphere UI are not related.  Your app groups in the custom UI are not exposed in the vSphere UI.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Uggh....again.

I was under the impression that app and app tiers would be able to be tagged in vSphere web client and then be set all the way throughout the product.  So now admins will need to create app groups in default UI (which look good) and then recreate them in the custom UI for the dashboards.

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

What about nested groups in the default UI?

-MattG

0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Nevermind,  I figured it out.  You can nest groups.  Which is great!

-MattG

0 Kudos