VMware Cloud Community
jstander
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRealize Business for Cloud - vRealize Automation Catalog item cost details not working

I am not sure if this is a bug or the way it is suppose to work and looking for some input.

My vRB is integrated within vRA and when i user requests a catalog item i want the total cost and cost details to display to the user.

The only way I can get this to work is edit pricing in VRB, select the vRealize automation and change the vRealize automation Group configuration for compute grouping strategy to vRealize Automation Blueprints.

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 11.55.29 AM.png

Then I have to manually go into each Blueprint and update the vCPU, GB RAM daily prices as well as storage rates.

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 11.56.25 AM.png

This is the part that is not making sense to me. Why do I have to enter a fixed pricing cost and not use for instance the calculation method in cross infrastructure additional services, a % overage for compute and storage based on the running costs that vRB already determined? Even just using the calculated running costs from vRB would be useful.

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 12.20.00 PM.png

Having a fixed cost that you have update manually is not good business practice and can lead to outdated pricing displayed to the end user.   Environments are very dynamic  and costs change and having an admin go in and update everything single blueprint with costs you have to calculate manually just does not make sense. 

vRB already knows on what hardware and vCenter Cluster the Blueprint VM object resides and made that calculation.

Running costs is not showing any information as you can see from the screenshot and that is why i am thinking this might be a bug, but I also cannot find any settings that would change the pricing to use the vRB calculator costs in any way.

As you can see from the screenshot below, the vCenter pricing shows running costs for the vCenter clusters.

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 12.11.30 PM.png

I might be missing something here, which i do hope is the case, and looking for some feedback on how customers are handling this.

thanks

Johann

0 Kudos
0 Replies