VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

vRA 8.6 Custom Resource action conditionally field read only based on another canvas field broken?

I've added two fields to the canvas of a custom 2nd day operation action.  The first field is a text field which is populated by an external action.  That works great.  The second field I want to be conditionally accessible based upon the contents of the first field.  It is a check box.  No matter what I do the checkbox is always accessible until I click on the first field.  If I click on it then the checkbox field acts as expected either not allowing me access or letting me check it as a confirmation.  I'm basically trying to stop even submitting unless certain criteria is met.  I could write a second action to set the read only status conditionally but i shouldn't need to.  Interestingly the visibility control seems to work just not the read only control.  Unfortunately when the visibility is disabled it seems to ignore the constraint I have that the field is required.  Maybe two bugs here?  Hoping someone else can test and confirm and if so I'll open a support case.  Or better yet tell me what I'm doing wrong 🙂

0 Kudos
0 Replies