VMware Cloud Community
hawks76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 7.5 New Install Issues

So, i just stood up an new 7.5 instance and there are some odd things going on.  For starters, when i login to the vami, the some of the screens never populate and just sit there and spin.  The patch screen never populates, and i can't install patches.  Some of the settings that i setup during the install wizard (like ntp settings) are not populated on the corresponding screen.

Anybody else seen this?  Do i have a bad install?  or is something else less critical going on?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You definitely seem to have something weird going on. I'd probably just blow away this installation and start again. Before you deploy that appliance, though, double-check the checksum and ensure yours matches (in case you have partial corruption somewhere).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have not seen that behavior. My first thought is it's related to browser and/or cache, cookies. Can you try in an incognito/private browsing session to see if the behavior persists?

0 Kudos
hawks76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So, i guess this determines whether i have a bad install or not.......    Smiley Sad

appliance error.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not necessarily, it's a known issue.

0 Kudos
hawks76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So, a little more info.  most of my vami screens are blank.  and as in blank, i mean, either they don't load properly ( patches screen where hotfixes are patched) or the info that should be populated is just empty (cluster, host settings, orchestrator, sso, time settings, etc).  i cleaned up the welcome screen text.  I've rebooted the appliance several times, but something just isn't right.  I've attached a couple of screenshots so you can understand what i'm seeing.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You definitely seem to have something weird going on. I'd probably just blow away this installation and start again. Before you deploy that appliance, though, double-check the checksum and ensure yours matches (in case you have partial corruption somewhere).

0 Kudos
hawks76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yeah, that's kinda what i was afraid of.

Thanks for the insight daphnissov​.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Also, did you install HF5 here or no?

0 Kudos
hawks76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, HF5 is installed.  Turns out that if you access the VAMI by IP or Hostname (instead of load balancer name), everything works fine.  Not sure why that is.

0 Kudos