VMware Cloud Community
Broot201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRA 7.2, VRM Agent errors "Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password."

While requesting  Inventory in Compute Resources found that status for requesting is “Failed”.

2.png

Then I went to Infrastructure->Monitoring->Log and saw errors from VRM Agent:

This exception was caught:
Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.

Here's the picture:

1.png

After that Ichecked vSphereAgent log here:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Agents\vCenter\logs\vSphereAgent.log"

Here's what a typical record looks like:

2018-01-31T13:37:22.269Z IAASServer vcac: [component="iaas:VRMAgent.exe" priority="Error" thread="5656"] [sub-thread-Id="4"  context=""  token=""] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<boolean>false</boolean>

This exception was caught:

1. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.InvokeAsyncCallback(IAsyncResult result)

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Vmware.VSphereInterface.ConnectionService.<Connect>d__9.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Vmware.VSphereInterface.ConnectionService.<Connect>d__3.MoveNext()

at Vmware.VSphereInterface.VSphereServer.<GetServiceInstanceContentInternalAsync>d__7.MoveNext()

at Vmware.VSphereInterface.ConnectionService.IsConnected()

at Vmware.VSphereInterface.VSphereServer.ValidateConnection()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereRequest`1..ctor(TRequestData requestData, VSphereHypervisorData hypervisorData, VSphereServer vsphereServer)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereHypervisorServiceProvider.GetComputeResources(ManagementEndpoint managementEndpoint)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereAgentService.GetHostClusterList()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.Core.VRMCoreAgent.SendPingReport()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.Core.CoreAgentBase.SendPingReportLoop(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

How to troubleshoot this?

I just started configuring the system, what could be wrong? What should I check?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You may need to edit the Agent configuration in vRA itself, not just change the account under which the Windows service runs. Infrastructure -> Endpoints -> Endpoints.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

First go and edit your agent and re-supply the credentials that have administrative access into vCenter. You may just need to re-accept the certificate.

Broot201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I changed the account under which the service (VMware vCloud Automation Center Agent - vCenter) is launched to another, guaranteed to have administrative rights to the vCenter. After that, I restarted the service. The error repeated.

Now in the log (see second picture in my post), in the "User Name" field, I see the account which I changed.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You may need to edit the Agent configuration in vRA itself, not just change the account under which the Windows service runs. Infrastructure -> Endpoints -> Endpoints.

Broot201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How can i re-accept the certificate?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Edit the credentials, click Test Connection, accept cert, click OK.

Broot201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you!

Indeed the problem was in the wrong credentials.

0 Kudos