VMware Cloud Community
JensVM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 7.0.1 Deployment Mandatory fields settings

Hello,

I have configured a deployment with an VMware Blueprint. When I request a Deployment now, there are the typical fields Description, Reason of Request and number of Deployments. I have to click on the child maschine on the left side so I can see my (already marked as mandatory) fields Size of RAM, CPUs etc and my own mandatory fields  (red star are shown they are set to be required). But there is one problem so far: If someone submits the request just filling in the Deployment details and never clicking on the child Machine on the left side, those fields are still ignored and the submission is successfull with default CPU / RAM and without filling in my custom fields. How can I change the ConfirmNewRequest.aspx or somewhere else a setting so the requester will be told it is required to also fill in the child machine fields?

Best Regards

JensVM

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Are the mandatory fields set with a default value?

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
JensVM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello GrantOrchardVMware,

no they were not set with a default value. This was a problem with our old blueprints that already existed before upgrading to vRA 7.0.1. So after opening a support ticket we now anyways created new blueprints because of some other bug in the new vRA version so this topic is not relevant for us anymore.

Best Regards

JensVM

0 Kudos