VMware Cloud Community
miladx16
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

how to refer "clone from" value to custom form

Hi all i just wanna create a blue print that my clients can choose their prefered OS, so i need my clients enter the "clone from" value

CpWz_004.jpg

I have configured the custom from like following picture but  i can not publish my blue print

CpWz_005.jpg

and it gived this error

CpWz_006.jpg

I just wanna know is it possible to provision a virtual machine with selective clone template? or not

if i can not, why the field named "clone frome name" is available in custom form?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There are several ways to skin this cat, but probably the easiest (provided you're on vRA 7.3 which, if you have custom forms, you're at 7.4 at least) is to use component profiles. When you activate a component profile for an image, the "clone from" becomes void and will ask for the profile automatically in the request form. See the documentation for this if you need more basic info.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There are several ways to skin this cat, but probably the easiest (provided you're on vRA 7.3 which, if you have custom forms, you're at 7.4 at least) is to use component profiles. When you activate a component profile for an image, the "clone from" becomes void and will ask for the profile automatically in the request form. See the documentation for this if you need more basic info.

0 Kudos
miladx16
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You are genius man !! Thank you

0 Kudos