VMware Cloud Community
Boberts
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

custom form element of type credential

I have set up a workflow from vRO as an XaaS Blueprint in vRA.  It is the "Clone, Windows with single NIC and credential" workflow that comes with the basic installation of Orchestrator.  I can use the workflow successfully when I run it directly from vRO, but I run into problems when I try to use it as a XaaS Blueprint.  From vRA it will not let me join the machine to our domain.  I believe this is because the XaaS blueprint form field to join the domain is asking for a string rather than type Credential.  Does anyone know how to securely enter credentials in a vRA form?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

XaaS/vRA communicates with vRO via vRO REST API. At the moment, the type Credential is not support in vRO REST API, so you won't be able to pass value to workflow input parameters of this type when starting such workflows from applications that use vRO REST API.

One option is to modify the workflow and change its input parameters to not use type Credential. for example, such parameter can be replaced with a couple of new parameters, one for user name and one for password. You'll also have to change the scripting code in the modified workflow accordingly to handle the new input parameters.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

XaaS/vRA communicates with vRO via vRO REST API. At the moment, the type Credential is not support in vRO REST API, so you won't be able to pass value to workflow input parameters of this type when starting such workflows from applications that use vRO REST API.

One option is to modify the workflow and change its input parameters to not use type Credential. for example, such parameter can be replaced with a couple of new parameters, one for user name and one for password. You'll also have to change the scripting code in the modified workflow accordingly to handle the new input parameters.

0 Kudos
Boberts
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah.  Thank you for the input.  I'll try your suggestion with the two parameters!

0 Kudos