VMware Cloud Community
dmuligan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

NSX integration in vCAC

Hi,

I´m looking information about what kind of actions or entitlement a tenant admin can do in vCAC related to NSX configuration. For example, configure a VPN,dhcp,load balancer,... from vCAC portal without going through nsx or vsphere client ?. I have already NSX integrated in vCAC and vCO but I do not see many options.

I would like to give my customer access to vCAC and that functionality but I guess that these kind of services are only available through vsphere web client

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The more advanced NSX integrations must be custom built in orchestrator and exposed through vCAC as ASD or custom actions. Check out some of Brian Ragazzi's posts on automating NSX as an example.

pizzle85
Expert
Expert

I agree with Will. We just finished up our NSX POC which included self-service through vRA. As far as vRA is concerned its all going to be custom for us. To create my vRO workflows to use with ASD, I was able to use the NSX plug-in and the dynamic types code created by cdecanini to get a pretty good base of items. Within a day i was able to create simple distributed firewall and load balance ASD blueprints to create, view and modify security groups, security policies and load balancer

NSX-v Dynamic Types plug-in.

I ended up really just using the workflows from the dynamic types plugin above and modifying them to use the NSX Plug-in types instead of the dynamic types. It worked pretty well with pretty minimal effort.

I'm hoping with the next release of NSX they release a new plug-in that give us more default workflows but for the time being its all custom.

0 Kudos