VMware Cloud Community
mdittbrenner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Leap Second

Not sure if any of you read about leap second, when they add an extra second on June 30th.

SuSE linux is effected, which means vcac/id/postgres appliance can be effected.

You may want to double check your appliances and see if they are effected and/or if they need to be updated for this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnthonyChow
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

cool, thanks for the heads up. 

0 Kudos
Bleeder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hopefully there will be new rev's of appliances from VMware before that date hits, but thx for the heads-up.

0 Kudos
Forsbring
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have VMware released any information about this for other products than ESX/ESXi (VMware KB:    Linux virtual machines experience kernel hang on kernel versions prior to 2.5.29  )? ESX/ESXi is not affected.

0 Kudos
mdittbrenner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a ticket open with VMware.  This is the update i got yesterday.

Hello Michael,

Still no word yet. They're going through and testing this but it could be a bit before they have everything confirmed. They have a KB that's currently internal only that should be published externally fairly soon and continually updated. Once we have that available you can subscribe to a RSS feed to get updates to the KB for when they confirm if vCAC is impacted or not. I'll let you know once that's publicly available.

0 Kudos
dan09
Contributor
Contributor

I've also been waiting on a KB being published on this, and found that this KB has been updated over the last day:

VMware KB: VMware Product support of leap seconds

Doesn't clearly state whether anything is or is not affected, but simply that they're not aware of any issues.

0 Kudos