VMware Cloud Community
KiranMuddaiahHP
Contributor
Contributor

Export the Deployment reports from vRealize Automation..

I want to genetate a detailed report of all the deployments in VRA with their status and all values that were supplied as inputs while ordering the VM using the service broker, for example, I have created a Cloud template to get inputs for business-related information like "Cost Center" "Business Unit" "Department" which are considered as input values.

I am looking for such a report since vRA Currently does not support exporting such reports using GUI

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ankush11s
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you can take a look into this , this pulls all vSphere machine , with cpu memory and storage and vm status etc 
https://vmwarecode.com/2022/04/10/vra-cloud-on-prem-how-to-export-managed-machine-using-python-in-cs...

0 Kudos
KiranMuddaiahHP
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response, We could manage with PowerShell . I would share details once I complete

0 Kudos
Thelemanu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Kiran, can you share the PS to extract the data from vRA please?

Tks

0 Kudos
emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have tried several times to post one out here, but it never seems to work.  It looks like it gets posted, but when I come back it's gone.  So this time I'll try to attach it.

It's of course tailored to our environment, but I'm sure you can tailor it to yours as well. Some notes:

• It takes your base uri and a refreshToken
  • In the get-deploymentProperies function, we grab our custom fields that begin with a prefix (line 35)
  • Results are in json and saved locally (line 56)
  • We create multiple files, because one large json file for us was a bit much (rolls around 5MB)