VMware Cloud Community
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

ASD Export/Import and the Anti-Marshal (kind of like a supervillain)

Just tried to export a single resource action and import it back into the same environment with a new "prefix" and I get the following errors on validation....  same goes for importing it into another environment.  (which we will call "new environment"... where the Resource Action doesn't exist)  The workflow that the RA points to exists in the current environment because there is an RA that already points to that workflow.  In the new environment, the workflow exists due to a successful vRO sync.  (we can then build a successful form against the workflow in the new environment.)

It seems like it is complaining about the Resource Type, but none of those were selected for export.. so one would expect that they wouldn't be imported.

ASDExport.jpg

ASDImport.jpg

Anybody try out the export/import functionality in ASD and have it be successful?

When we build a form in our Lab environment, we have to completely rebuild it in two other environments.  Though building forms in ASD is exceedingly fun and intuitive, we would really like to have a working export/import capability! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Support got me the right answer...

Basically the export doesn't create a ZIP file containing all the folders that are required for the import.  It will be fixed in the next version.

For the items that you do not export, you have to manually create the folder in the zip file.  These are all the folders that must exist.  In the example, I have one Service Blueprint exported.  I would suspect if I did one resource-operation, I would see only that folder and would need to add the other three.  (off to test more of that now)

importExport.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I'm sure I sure a preview of this... maybe it's not using a public API. Let me do some digging.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks Grant.

0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Back looking into this with support.... maybe we will be able to get exports working.

0 Kudos
CalmCloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It throws same error for exporting/importing ASD blueprints( Nothing else was selected to export like actions etc). In this case ASD blueprint exists in the destination.  Sean, did you make any progress?

Failed on Can not unmarshal entity:resource-mappings of type: com.vmware.vcac.designer.rest.stubs.CsResourceType

WarningRHELService Blueprintblueprint.name.duplication
InfoRHELService Blueprintblueprint.validation.success
ErrorCan not unmarshal entity:resource-operationsResource Actionresourceoperation.unmarshal.exception
ErrorCan not unmarshal entity:resource-typesCustom Resource/Mappingresourcetype.unmarshal.exception
ErrorCan not unmarshal entity:resource-mappingsCustom Resource/Mappingresourcetype.unmarshal.exception
0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

No sir.  I have not yet.  I think support is waiting on me.  It has been a busy couple of days.  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Support got me the right answer...

Basically the export doesn't create a ZIP file containing all the folders that are required for the import.  It will be fixed in the next version.

For the items that you do not export, you have to manually create the folder in the zip file.  These are all the folders that must exist.  In the example, I have one Service Blueprint exported.  I would suspect if I did one resource-operation, I would see only that folder and would need to add the other three.  (off to test more of that now)

importExport.jpg

0 Kudos
CalmCloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It worked. Thanks Sean.

0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution