VMware Cloud Community
SimonBCh
Contributor
Contributor

API: get custom properties of a machine

Hi guys

I need to get the custom properties of a machine over the vRA rest api. We currently have vRA 7.3 in place.

The strange thing they seems not to be available on the machine resource itself e.g.

https://{{vra-fqdn}}/catalog-service/api/consumer/resources/{id}

or

https://{{vra-fqdn}}/catalog-service/api/consumer/resourceViews/{id}

I searched now hours to find a way in the REST API doc of vRealize Automation 7.3. But without any success.

Use case I:

I have to get the custom property Snapshot.Policy.Limit value of a machine.

Use case II:

I have to get all the custom properties of a machine.

I hope you can help me with this issue. Thanks a lot in advance.

BR,

Simon

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We can see the machine details of vRA deployments using REST API, refer to the documentation : View Machine Details Example .

For more information on the properties service using Rest API, refer to the thread: vRealize 7 REST API - Properties Service documentation or example.

0 Kudos
SimonBCh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi AishR

Thanks for the links. Unfortunately that's not solving the issue in my opinion.

The first link just returns the resourceView object of the machine and as what i see this object doesn't contains the custom properties which we have defined on the machine over the custom property definitions. The data object only contains the vra "machine" properties.

Your second link only returns the definitions of the custom properties. But what we need are the values of the custom properties of a machine.

Or this I misunderstood something?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DanieleUlrich
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interesting question. I need this answer, too.

I think it is not possible to get the properties directly over vRA API, but over the Manager Service.

0 Kudos
svieillard
Contributor
Contributor

Did this work for you by using the Manager Service?

0 Kudos