VMware Horizon Community
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

AppVol 2.10 has stop mounting in Horizon View 6.2.2

Hello all,

Everything was working up to last week with AppVol 2.10, except for Windows 10 slow login's. Suddenly I'm getting some weird results without any errors in the logs.

I'm able to mount the one AppStack I have to any VM that does not belong to a Horizon View Pool, the agent can be on the system. Like the Master Image, I can mount the AppStack, but not when it is provisioned into a View pool of any type. I get the following and can't figure out where it has started to cause failure.

This is what I get at the zero client when I login now. Just hour glasses at the Welcome. Notice this is all with VM DXCW10A-006.

AppVol001.png

I went to AppVolMgr to see if the AppStack connected and also look for any errors.

As you can see here the AppStack mounted fine.

AppVol002.png

Found no ERROR:

AppVol003.png

Timestamps don't match in System Messages and there is no DXCW10A-006.

AppVol004.png

I notice the vmdk is mounted.

AppVol005.png

But when I look in Horizon View Admin console, It never connects the user to continue.

AppVol006.png

Mike_A
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Went to AV 2.11 and don't seem to have this problem. Issue resolved by upgrading to AV 2.11.

Mike_A

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Do you happen to have scanner redirection enabled?

If not can you disable ftsjail.sys driver and try again? Just set the startup in registry to 4.

0 Kudos
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I do have scanner redirection enabled. Do you want me to reinstall View agent 6.2.2 and disable that component?

Mike_A
0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can but easier to just disable the driver and see if it starts working. If it does please file an SR and let me know the number.

0 Kudos
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Went to AV 2.11 and don't seem to have this problem. Issue resolved by upgrading to AV 2.11.

Mike_A
0 Kudos