VMware Horizon Community
Joe1393
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

2.10 to 2.11 upgrade now Unable to load storage configuration

After my upgrade from 2.10 to 2.11 I now get an error "Unable to load storage configuration"

When I try to re-scan I get this error in the log:

Jun 23 2016 12:27PM Unhandled request exception: undefined method `note' for #<StorageLocation:0x44e33b0>
Jun 23 2016 12:27PM Unhandled request exception: unknown attribute: identifier
Jun 23 2016 12:25PM Unhandled request exception: undefined method `note' for #<StorageLocation:0x77d7050>

Anyone seen this or know how to fix it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Make sure the storage settings to your datastores are selected and the names did not change. AV uses the display name and not the UID of the datastores.

Mike_A
0 Kudos
cyberfed2727
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please keep us posted on your findings. I just finished a fresh install of 2.11 today after our 2.10 environment decided to completely blow itself up. Thank goodness we are just testing POC.

0 Kudos
massmans
Contributor
Contributor

I performed an upgrade from 2.10 to 2.11 last night and had to uninstall and reinstall with a clean database to get everything working.    I had issues with ESXi host connectivity, and also Active Directory connecting until I wiped it and started over.    I also noticed that the default port has changed from port 80 to 443.   

To resolve the port change issues, I put in place some GPO settings to update the the registry settings for the app vol agents on all the machines.

Hive HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Key path SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CloudVolumes\Agent

Value name Manager_Port

Value type REG_SZ

Value data 443

Hive HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Key path SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CloudVolumes\Agent

Value name Manager_Address

Value type REG_SZ

Value data FQDN

On the Active Directory changes, I now have to put my DOMAIN\usergroups instead of before with 2.10 I could just use the group name. 

Hope this helps others. 

0 Kudos
Joe1393
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I also had to uninstall and reinstall.  My datastore names did not change.. nothing changed on the vSphere side as far as names.  Fresh install and re-import of appstacks as needed.  At least this was my test env.  I do have a 2.10 prod env. with a limited number of users.  If I have to do a fresh install in prod I'll have to re-link all my groups to appstacks.  Not overwhelming but for others that could be a daunting task.

0 Kudos